Saturday, April 10, 2010

Giving longstitch a try

Tried my hand at longstitch binding today.

It was an interesting experience. All in all it took 4 hours.
3 hours 20 minutes to prepare the pages, the resizing took forever!
40 minutes to do all the sewing.

I think it turned out fairly alright for a first attempt. I didn't want to wreck my pristine papers so I made it out of recycled materials instead. Cardboard from a coffee box and A4 paper that has at least one side unused (from all the photocopies that I don't need anymore ^_^ ), leftover crochet cotton and some PVA.

Next time I might dilute the PVA a bit or use something else that won't warp the cover too much. And use the paper trimmer instead of doing it manually.

I do like it though. It's actually quite secure and the pages fan out beautifully.



Yellow Flowers Scrap Notebook
©2010 Poplaret

No comments:

Post a Comment